Don't Ask Me I Am Only A Pastor

Share my plight as an Evangelical Liberal trying to make sense of this world

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Bernardino, California, United States

I am a pastor... ok an associate pastor. I live in what was rated as the worst city to live in. I am hoping to do my part in helping to change this city.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Don't Ask Me I Am Only An Elder!

What does that mean? Who knows, I'm just a pastor. Actually it means that I can do more with less repercussions. Kind of like crazy drivers. You know, the ones who are obviously careful when taking their drivers test and then turn into the Road Warrior as soon as they get their license. Now I can say what I actually believe! No more beating around the bush for me. I now can be as orthodox as my heart desires! I am so excited!
Actually, being ordained is really exciting! It is hard to describe. Let's just say that I wept. It is hard to explain the entire process, but it is safe to say that it has taken 14 years to get to this point. It is a fulfillment of a dream. They say that it will hit me next year when I get to lay hands on the new ordinans. It was also a blessing to be ordained in the chapel that I attended for four years while in college and to see some of my professors and mentors.
It is amazing when I look back at my life and see how God has helped me through so much to keep His promise. It was great to have my parents there as well as my first pastor and some great friends. I wish all my KC friends could have been there too. I just want to say thanks to all my friends and family who supported me in my ministry and I also wish to thank all those who doubted me. Watch out doubters! I can excommunicate your asses with a quickness, so you better step off!
Just one of the perks!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rikki Suzanne said...

I'm so proud of you!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Andres said...

I am proud of you too. Wish I could have been there.

Does that mean you're entirely sanctified now???

3:28 PM  
Blogger Pastor Stew said...

Dude, I am so sanctified that it hurts. It doesn't hurt me as much as it hurts those who happen to make contact with me as they are not sanctified enough!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

wow Im glad we only talk through blog, I dont want to get zapped in person! Congrats though!

Remember how much I comment on your blog? Please dont excommunicate me!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Josue said...

Congratulations Buddy. I just wanted to let you know that I got your announcement. I was all shocked, well not that it happened, but you know what I mean. What I realized is that I should get to everyones blog more often. Wow, what a great achievement. It must be special when the leadership of the denomination acknowledges your love and committment to the ministry and community you serve. I hope all is well with you and your family.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home