Don't Ask Me I Am Only A Pastor

Share my plight as an Evangelical Liberal trying to make sense of this world

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Bernardino, California, United States

I am a pastor... ok an associate pastor. I live in what was rated as the worst city to live in. I am hoping to do my part in helping to change this city.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Down But Not Out


With the loss of my Fantasy Football league my spirit has been down. I know it sounds silly, but it is my life. I truly spend several hours each week trying to prepare my team. Oh well. Since I have been in a saddened state I have been playing the Cube and XBox again. I caught up my town in Animal Crossing and killed about a thousand people/animals in the new hit game, Gun. Gun is pretty sweet. You play a mysterious man whose "father" is killed by a fake, murderous preacherwho worked for a railroad baron. In actuality the character's real father was a missionary doctor who was killed by the same people who killed your adopted father. Cool or what? I guess there is a small part of me that would encourage my future son to avenage my death if the person who killed me also killed the person raising my future son. I mean killing is wrong, but if the same person kills your real father and the the person who raised you, pretending to be your father then that has to be ok... doesn't it? Leave it to a video game to tackle the truly dificult moral dilemas in life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rikki Suzanne said...

yes dear, I think that would be all right.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I don't know Stu??? Wouldnt that type of violence allow the possible s0on of the killer to go after your son who avenged you? Is that maybe GUN II? Where does the virtual violence stop??

10:34 AM  
Blogger opihi said...

Why let the dude get to your father figure? Start the rampage after your real dad, I say!
Also, better luck in FBB, dude. You're going to need it cause I'm "in it to win it."

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home