Don't Ask Me I Am Only A Pastor

Share my plight as an Evangelical Liberal trying to make sense of this world

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Bernardino, California, United States

I am a pastor... ok an associate pastor. I live in what was rated as the worst city to live in. I am hoping to do my part in helping to change this city.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Hero, My Cult

This week is a difficult one for me. As most of you know, my hero, Warren Steed Jeffs, was arrested this week. Mr. Jeffs is the greatest cult leader of all time. Sure David Koresh and Jim Jones went down in a blaze of glory with mass suicide/murder but how many cult leaders can live the true dream of having 40 wives and 60 some odd children? The best part about Mr. Jeffs is that in the midst of a polygamy, statutory rape and underage marriage he still found time to promote Republican politics. I for one find it comforting that such Godly people such as Mr. Jeffs support the family value, Right-Wing party that currently lifts our country to one of the highest levels of bigotry, ignorance and classism we have ever witnessed. My question for you to discuss is why are there little or no Liberal cult leaders out there? I guess it is my job to start a cult where we support the freedom of moral decision, social justice, equality and peace. I guess I could travel the country recruiting young families to support my cause as we attempt to form our own little kingdom separate from the world and at the same time in this world. That would be totally cool. I think I could get about a billion people to join. I am going to start this right now. What? You mean this Liberal cult already exists? Who? Jesus started this cult 2,000 years ago? Crap! Jesus ruins everything!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

ok Stew I will marry you!

see I dont hate you I was just playing hard to get so you would let me join your cult. I think you need me, all social justice cults with peace and equality in mind need a Jew...

9:47 PM  
Blogger Andres said...

hahaha sarah.

stew you come out with the beat stuff, you are always good for a laugh.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Andres said...

best...

4:59 AM  
Blogger Pastor Stew said...

So lets see... my new cult starts with a Mexican and a Jew? This sounds like a bad movie already. But at least the Jew is hot!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yes well thats an absolute must, I mean you want to have credibility right???

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home