Don't Ask Me I Am Only A Pastor

Share my plight as an Evangelical Liberal trying to make sense of this world

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Bernardino, California, United States

I am a pastor... ok an associate pastor. I live in what was rated as the worst city to live in. I am hoping to do my part in helping to change this city.

Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm Back!

OK, OK, That was a long hiatus from the good ol' blog. This last month has been filled with challenge after challenge. We had a person die, a heated board meeting, problems with our solar energy system, apparent theft, and the pastor is on vacation... Again. Plus my wife started Med School, my Animal Crossing town reached perfect status... For two days, and updated my church into the 20th century by instituting a video projector and Power Point for announcements and songs. We were still using overhead transparencies!
So I promise to make a few changes around here. First I promise to blog at least twice a week if I can. Second I promise to unpack my X-Box. It has been two months now! Third that I will try to bring up some interesting, real life stuff that could actually educate or being up lively debate. For example I have been dealing with the following question: "Do the saints in heaven have the ability to see into the world since the Bible concludes that Heaven will be a place of no sorrow?" Remember the following questioned is asked in an Evangelical/non-Catholic worldview. What do I think? Personally I don't think that when we die we immediately enter Heaven for the Kingdom of God is not yet here. I believe in a resurrection of the dead and if there are Saints in the already/not yet Kingdom then Hell YA they can see us. Of course there is no sorrow because they are probably laughing their a$$ off at the stupid things we do and say about Christianity. Hey don't ask me I am only a pastor!

4 Comments:

Blogger Andres said...

welcome back stew... i got your phone call, but the message got cut off... i'll give you a ring sometime soon.

so does that make you the man in charge while the boss is away?

what??? no x-box?

I think that if there are saints (if there is anyone, are they all called saints??) then they must be able to see us! This is why...
-Our ultimate purpose if not now then at least when we finally get to heaven is to worship God.
-If there are saints in heaven they are worshiping God.
-Evangelicals would say that God is acting in the world.
-If God is omni-present then God could be working in the world and preparing a place that the saints somehow already got inside.
-The saints direct their attention to God working in the world and God preparing the place from which they are looking.

-Therefore God gave us two eyes (at least most of us) so that the saints could do this... well at least to put things into perspective.

If you look around, you can obviously see that this is true.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Pastor Stew said...

Well, actually Saints have three eyes. Sinners have two. So I see your logic and raise you an enigma.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Andres said...

I fold.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

If I am way off it is becuase I went to a Catholic school and am a half Jew but if there are Saints in heaven I don't think they still have like earthly eyes (physical irises and cornias and such) and I am not so sure Heaven is a place, let alone a place where Saints can watch Earth??

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home