Don't Ask Me I Am Only A Pastor

Share my plight as an Evangelical Liberal trying to make sense of this world

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Bernardino, California, United States

I am a pastor... ok an associate pastor. I live in what was rated as the worst city to live in. I am hoping to do my part in helping to change this city.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Fear, The Christmas Beard and Capitalism

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I am sorry that I have not written anything in a while but I got scared. Why? Well my little post on Mr. Robertson was actually read by people I do not know. Sometimes they are called "new people" in the blogging world. Well that scared me! Were they spies sent out to review my blog and make recommendations to those in the higher offices of the 700 Club or perhaps my denominational HQ? Scary.
Well it's that time of the year again. It's time for the Christmas Beard. The Christmas Beard is a time honored tradition where I become lazy and do not shave. It just so happens that this beard appears around the Christmas Season and departs around the beginning of the Season of Epiphany. Some in the secular world have deemed it the "Finals Beard" Since it occurs around the academic calendar of Final Exams. I will put up a picture when I get the chance.
Why the Christmas Beard? Surely I can't be that lazy right? Well I only shaved once a week to begin with and I still have to shave some. The Christmas Beard is more about laziness; it is about freedom, freedom from Capitalism. The evil, Top Hatted Capitalist once again poked their bloated heads into the Christmas Season trying to sell their wares that destroy our earth and our souls. Well I stand up for the good that still remains during this season and therefore I will not buy those Mach3 Turbo blades that so gently cut the coarse hairs of injustice and leave behind the smooth-to-the-touch face of freedom. I will suffer with my brothers who have to settle for Bic disposable or even the old straight razor and strap. This season I will not request the Costco economy pack of blades of the mighty Mach3. So take that Capitalist!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pregnancy leg hair is totally also a rebellion against consumerism. At least that is what I hope my obstetrician thinks.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am inspired to abandon my Venus razor for a cheesy pink bic razor now. I think you just started a razor rebellion. At least that is what I will call it in my first book about forgotten history.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Hi there,
Came across your blog while browsing.. I say, don't give up! You're funny.. and funny, God-loving people aren't too easy to find these days!

Keep up the comedy, add a little God.. make people feel good and as you say, maybe give them a little education along the way!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Rikki Suzanne said...

I refuse to give up my Mach 3, however I also only shave once a week, or sometimes once a month.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home