Don't Ask Me I Am Only A Pastor

Share my plight as an Evangelical Liberal trying to make sense of this world

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Bernardino, California, United States

I am a pastor... ok an associate pastor. I live in what was rated as the worst city to live in. I am hoping to do my part in helping to change this city.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Rachel Ray's "$40-a-Day" Canceled


The Food Network announced today that Rachel Ray's television show "$40-a-Day" has been canceled. Although the show was popular with both audiences and sponsors, the Food Network decided to pulled the plug due to the realization that eating three meals a day on a budget of $40 was not as hard as Ray made it to be. Stan Johnstone, Vice-President of programming, was shocked when he learned that must people in the world get by with less than $40 a day. "Well, I live in New York [City] where a standard dinner is well over $40, so I was impressed when Rachel was pitching an idea where she only received $40 a day. I remember thinking that she must be on a diet or something."

When asked where he learned of the world's plight to have to dine on less than $40 a day he quickly replied, "I was watching some TV late one night when I saw a commercial filled with poor people. Then an older gentlemen began to reveal that many people are starving and that the price of a cup of coffee a day could feed a little girl. At the same time this small amount of change could send her to school and provide health care. Now that would be a great show!"

Mr. Johnstone acknowledged that Rachel Ray will still retain her "30 Minute Meals" show even though Johnstone recently discovered that millions of restaurants who advertise that "they prepare meals while you wait in your car in a few minutes." Ms. Ray was unavailable for comment.
Fox Broadcasting has announced that they are in the works of a new reality show called "$40-a-Month" where single mothers on welfare compete for extra income to feed and shelter their families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home