Don't Ask Me I Am Only A Pastor

Share my plight as an Evangelical Liberal trying to make sense of this world

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Bernardino, California, United States

I am a pastor... ok an associate pastor. I live in what was rated as the worst city to live in. I am hoping to do my part in helping to change this city.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Twenty-Seven is the New Twenty-Six

Today I turn 27 years old. Although birthdays are pretty cool, this one is beginning to feel like the one last year. In other words, 27 is a crappy age due to the fact that its only significance is that you are almost 30. I don't even know what I want for a present? Lets have a run down of all possible gift ideas.




  • After Shave - The true gift of fatherdom. Nothing says I love you like the gift of Old Spice. Personally I love the commercial where the dad buys his kids cell phones and all he gets is after shave, "Dad got hosed!"




  • Hair Dye - Ahh the gift of youth as the gray hairs begin to bask in the sunlight for all to see. The sad thing is that I have actually contemplated this several times in the last year. I have decided that I will just wear a hat. Now the beard and sideburns brush in gel might be something I am interested in.




  • Sansabelt Pants - We all gain a few pounds as we grow older and let's face it, the belt is a young mans game. Besides all I have to do is tuck in a t-shirt, or for those fancy occasions ... a polo, and I am ready to go. Also works with shorts but my birthday is a winter affair so I will stick with the pants



  • Birthday Cake - Some of you know that cake is not one of my favorite deserts. Normally I do not get a birthday cake due to this fact. however I think that for the good ol' 27 that it would be fitting to perhaps have a little bit of cake as a way of expressing all of the good things I have in life. Now if I could only get my wife to pop out of one!








5 Comments:

Blogger Memo's Mind said...

Happy Birthday!

What about the new "ActivOn" for joint and muscle pain?

If Rikki won't jump out of the cake...maybe Dietrich will?

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny! said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

If you do have your wife jump out of the cake...may sure you skip the strawberry or banana filling and go for the prunes!!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Rikki Suzanne said...

You forgot the famous "#1 Dad" mug that every kid gives their father. Happy Birthday honey.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

happy belated Bday!

I dig old spice deodorant!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Josue said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY STEW.

In other words Sarah is saying she digs you. (I hate jealousy) She doesnt say crap about mine.

And you're right 27 is only a count down. . . but you're on the brighter side of 30.

GO BEARS!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home