Don't Ask Me I Am Only A Pastor

Share my plight as an Evangelical Liberal trying to make sense of this world

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Bernardino, California, United States

I am a pastor... ok an associate pastor. I live in what was rated as the worst city to live in. I am hoping to do my part in helping to change this city.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hypocrits, Liars, and My Other Qualities

Yep, I broke my promise. I did not write the second blog nor opened the X-Box. However, I do have a decent excuse. This last weekend was rough. It began on Friday when my Senior Pastor called to say that he would not be able to be there on Sunday and that I would have to preach and lead the service. Great! So I spent Friday preparing (read panicing over) my sermon and worship service. The service was already planned to be a special service that was recognizing those who served in the church. In fact we giving the highest award my denomination has to two people. Of course this is all find and dandy except for the pancake breakfast that we held on Saturday for 200 people. Still not a problem. Then there was that community theatre performance on Saturday night that I had to go to that featured 5 people from the church. Starting to panic! After Sunday school and a wonderful service, it dawned on me that I should prepare for the Sunday night Bible study and maybe I should pack since I was leaving for San Diego after that. Overall I made it through the weekend and had a wonderful time in San Diego catching up with old friends and professors. Even found time to sneek in a fantasy football draft and a movie.
Speaking of which I recomend watching Four Brothers. It is a decent story with some humor and sadness. Overall Mark Walhberg did white trash as good as anyone and Andre 3000 is actually a good actor. The story was very similar to that of the Passion narratives... if the disciples opened a can of whop-ass on those who killed Jesus. I give it 3 1/2 Manuals out of four.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hey you blog more than just about all the other people we know!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Andres said...

Yah I liked 4 bro's too... it was missing some character development, but how many people came to see character development? I give it 3 1/2 stars.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home