Don't Ask Me I Am Only A Pastor

Share my plight as an Evangelical Liberal trying to make sense of this world

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Bernardino, California, United States

I am a pastor... ok an associate pastor. I live in what was rated as the worst city to live in. I am hoping to do my part in helping to change this city.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

I love Jesus... It's Kinda Scary


Although I have a great wife and family (and some friends to boot) my life is far from perfect. My job is a busy one that pays didly poo and offers strife as a benefit. Why do I stay? Because I love to do what I do. Just look at Jesus (picture provided). Could you say no to that face? It is a face of love and compassion, and quite frankly He looks kind of sexy. You just know that with His baby brown eyes that He could captivate you and compel you to do His will. I can hear His voice now, "Follow Me... to the store, buy me something" or "I love you, now give Me a bite of that taco." What's not to love about Jesus?
But seriously people, Why do so many people stay away from Jesus? Is it the church who have made Jesus into a weapon to beat people with guilt and condemnation? Are we to blame Mel Gibson for making us feel... what ever it was we felt in his movie? How about Jesus Himself? Did Jesus fail to give us what we really wanted or needed? Or is it the fact that people are fickle? I personally blame me. That's right I blame me. I know that I have not been the best example of Jesus to all those I encountered. It's time to start showing the real Jesus. No more Mr. Nice Jesus! It's time to keep it real with the Real Jesus. If you want some more info on the Real Jesus then click here. Yes, I think I will be in trouble for this one. What do you think? Just remember, don't ask me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I love Jesus too! Although i prefer the velvet images! Hmmm I am feeling something, is that the pang of conviction????

7:32 PM  
Blogger opihi said...

Dude, that thing about the taco was the funniest thing I've read all week. thanks.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home