Don't Ask Me I Am Only A Pastor

Share my plight as an Evangelical Liberal trying to make sense of this world

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Bernardino, California, United States

I am a pastor... ok an associate pastor. I live in what was rated as the worst city to live in. I am hoping to do my part in helping to change this city.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Two Blogs in One Day?!?

Ok the first one was a rant that I needed to get off my chest. This one is way more serious. I have noticed the alarming amount of Pastors out there who do not trust their own minds. Although I normally think this is a positive thing since most pastors are completely insane when it comes to things like politics, religion, the Bible and life. However, I still believe they should try. I guess what I am getting at is that it surprises me how many pastor use other pastor's "stuff." By stuff I mean sermons, Bible studies etc. The last few weeks I have been leading the church Bible study and was locked into using this other pastor's material. The stuff is pretty weak sauce if you want to know. Anyway it just bugs me that I have to use other peoples stuff. To be honest my problem is not so much the stuff but the quality of said stuff, or lack there of. It seems to me that all one has to have in order to make pastor stuff is to have a congregation that is extremely large where no one knows anyone and they really don't buy into the stuff but the pastor thinks they do because they keep coming when in reality they come because the pastor's stuff is easier to do then the other pastors' stuff. Say no to stuff!
I must say that I really like the movie "The 40 Year Old Virgin." Perhaps the reason I liked it was that I felt that it gave virginity a good, although goofy spin. Since I was a 25 year old virgin until I got married I thank I laughed more than the others in the theater since it felt close to home. So far it made me laugh more than some movies but I think that there was little in the area of great lines that desire to become apart of your everyday life. For example my sister insists on calling everyone a pirate hooker. Good flick but not as rewatchable as the classics like Tommy Boy or Basketball. 3 Manuals out of 4.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andres said...

how bizarre was that ending!?!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home